The preview and dedication day was held on Sunday, July 17, 1955, and televised nationwide by ABC TV, a major investor in the project. The official grand opening was on Monday, the 18th.
In the center foreground, is what appears to be a radio truck with a generator on a trailer behind it, apparently used by Disney personal or a subcontractor for communications. The rest of the lot is filled with 1940s to 1950s cars and trucks and a few from the pre-war era.
My mother, sister and I went there about a month later. I was eleven at the time and what a wonderful day it was.
Trust me on this. I have been married for over fifty-years. This is what they really mean!!
- Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
- Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
- Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in “Fine.”
- Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. DO NOT DO IT!
- Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
- That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
- Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ . that will bring on a ‘whatever’).
- Whatever: Is a woman’s way of saying F–YOU!
- Don’t worry about it, I’ve got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to # 3.
What can I say, except breathtaking.