This song was playing the first time I met my wife of 50# years. We danced to it and I knew she was the one and only one for me. In case you haven’t guessed yet, she is the one in the back of our three daughters in the photo below.
- If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from the inside.”
- The reason why we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.”
- The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we reach it.”
- Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like.”
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”
- Have I not destroyed my enemy when I have made him into my friend?”
- Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.”
- Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.”
- Sometimes I think we’re alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we’re not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering.”
Arthur C. Clarke
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
A wonderful experience people are missing out on these days, and most don’t even know it, are those yellow Helms trucks that used to drive through neighborhoods selling wonderful bread and pastries.
When I was a kid, my Mom and Nana would rush out with us to the street upon hearing the familiar toot of their whistle.
And when the driver opened the back doors of the truck and slid open those long wooden shelves, wonderful smells would engulf you and literally make you drool.
When I was a student at Kester Elementary in Van Nuys, they loaded us into a big bus and took us over to Culver City for a tour of the Helms Bakery. The video below is pretty much what we saw.