One summer, on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, California, a blonde woman new to boating was having a problem.
No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t get her brand new 22-ft. Bayliner to perform. It wouldn’t get on a plane at all, and it was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power she applied.
After about an hour of trying to make it go, she putted over to a nearby marina hoping they could tell her what was wrong.
A thorough topside check revealed everything was in perfect working order. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, the prop was the correct size and pitch.
So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.(wait for it……)
(REMEMBER, this is TRUE…….)
Under the boat, still strapped securely in place was the trailer.
- There are thousands of people who live their entire lives on the default settings, never realizing they can customize everything.
- The right journey is the ultimate destination.
- The willingness to do hard things opens great windows of opportunity.
- Small, incremental changes always change everything in the long run.
- No one wins a game of chess, or the game of life, by only moving forward.
- The biggest disappointments in life are often the result of misplaced expectations.
- Our character is often most evident at our highs and lows.
- Life changes from moment to moment, and so can you.
- You can fight and win the battles of today, only.
- Not being “OK” all the time is normal.
- Sensitivity can be a super power.
- Opening up to someone who cares can heal a broken heart.
- Solitude is important, too.
- Most of the time you don’t need more to be happier—you need less.
- Beginning each day with love, grace and gratitude always feels better than the alternative.
- Who we choose to be around matters immensely.
- Relationship boundaries are life-savers.
- It’s during the toughest times of your life that you’ll get to see the true colors of the people who say they care about you.
- New opportunities are always out there waiting for you.
Click Here for an explanation of each one of these from her grandson.