On June 30, 2021, Edward Ring published his first of nine articles on “Fixing California” on the Conservative American Greatness website, titled “The Themes That Make America Great.
Edward Ring is a contributing editor and senior fellow with the California Policy Center, which he co-founded in 2013 and served as its first president. He is also a senior fellow with the Center for American Greatness, and a regular contributor to the California Globe. His work has also appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Forbes, and other media outlets. Ring’s undergraduate degree is in Political Science from UC Davis, and he has an MBA in Finance from USC.
I urge you to read them as time permits. Links to these very informative articles are provided below:
- The Themes That Make Anything Possible – Optimism, which the Golden State’s ruling class has abandoned, is nonetheless in California’s cultural DNA.
- The Electric Age – Affordable, abundant, sustainable energy is a realistic, moral choice. It is an example California can set that the aspiring nations of the world will emulate instead of resist.
- Achieving Water Abundance – Environmental considerations should not preclude the state from launching new projects that increase the Golden State’s annual supply of water. Conservation is simply not enough.
- The Transportation Revolution – Spending precious government funds on light rail that nobody wants to ride is a fool’s errand. Declaring war on the car is shortsighted cruelty. We can do so much more.
- How to Make Housing Affordable Again – It is possible for ordinary Californians to be able to realize the dream of homeownership in upgraded, modern, glorious, sprawling, glittering cities, and suburbs.
- Finding Homes for the Homeless and Cleaning Up the Streets – Compassion, properly tempered with common sense, and properly balanced with the other fundamental moral values, may seem harsh, but the results are what matter, not the rhetoric.
- Seeing the Forests for the Trees – The Golden State’s ruling elites may prove they care about the environment by sitting down with representatives from California’s timber, biomass energy, and cattle industries.
- Restoring Quality Education – Government unions, government contractors, powerful nonprofits, monopolistic corporations, and Big Tech companies rely on a thoroughly indoctrinated electorate to support their dysfunction.
- The Prosperity Economy – To change hearts, facts are useless without the power of optimism, the belief that abundance is possible, and the suggestion that ideology matters, but sometimes practical solutions matter more.