- Falling in love.
- Laughing so hard your face hurts.
- A hot shower after a good workout.
- No lines at Costco.
- A special glance from someone special.
- Taking a drive on a pretty road.
- Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
- Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
- Hot towels out of the dryer.
- Finding that something you want is on sale for half price.
- A chocolate milkshake.
- A good conversation.
- The beach.
- Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.
- Laughing at yourself.
- Late night phone calls that last for hours.
- Running through sprinklers.
- Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
- Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful or handsome.
- Laughing at an inside joke.
- Falling in love for the first time.
- Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
- Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
- Your first kiss.
- Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
- Playing with a new kitten or puppy.
- Sweet dreams.
- Hot chocolate.
- Road trips with friends.
- Swinging on swings.
- Watching a good movie with someone you love.
- Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.
- Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person.
- Making eye contact with an attractive stranger.
- Winning a really competitive game.
- Eating chocolate chip cookies!
- Having your friends send you homemade cookies!
- Spending time with close friends!
- Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends.
- Holding hands with someone you care about.
- Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
- Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.
- Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
- Hugging the person you love.
- Watching the expression someone’s face as they open a much-desired present from you.
- Watching the sunrise.
- Getting out of bed every morning and being thankful for another beautiful day.
- Your dog running to you with a ball in its mouth when you return home.
The answers below were given by 2nd grade school children:
Why did God make mothers?
- She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
- Mostly to clean the house.
- To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
- He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
- Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
- God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
- We’re related..
- God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
- My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
- I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
- They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
- His last name.
- She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
- Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
- My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.
- She got too old to do anything else with him.
- My grandma says that mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.
Who’s the boss at your house?
- Mom doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because dad’s such a goof ball.
- Mom.. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
- I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What’s the difference between moms and dads?
- Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
- Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
- Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
- Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
- Mothers don’t do spare time.
- To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
- On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
- Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
- She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
- I’d make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
- I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
If you missed the parade, or want to just enjoy it without the stupid commentary and commercials, this is for you.
This video was filmed in the grandstand section known as the Cal Poly section across KTLA5 in front of the Norton Simon Museum and shows the off-camera portion of the parade, which was not shown on camera.
The photographer apologizes for any shakiness as the Tournament of Roses did not allow him to bring his tripod.