Here are some enlightening facts from “Secrets Of The Secret Service” by Ronald Kessler.
Anybody who follows the political arena will not be a bit surprised by these revelations.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
- He was a philanderer of the highest order.
- She ordered the kitchen help to save all the left-over wine from State dinners and mixed it with fresh wine that was served again during the next White House occasion.
- LBJ was as crude as the day is long. He kept a lot of women in the White House for extramarital affairs and had set up early warning systems to alert him if his wife was nearby.
- He was a promiscuous and oversexed man.
- Lady Bird was either naive or just pretended to not know about her husband’s many liaisons.
- A moral man, but very odd, weird, and paranoid.
- He had a horrible relationship with his family and was almost a recluse.
GERALD & BETTY FORD
- A true gentleman who treated the Secret Service with respect and dignity.
- He had a great sense of humor.
- She drank a lot!
JIMMY & ROSALYN CARTER
- A complete phony who would portray one picture of himself to the public and very different in private. For example, he would be shown carrying his own luggage, but the suitcases were always empty. He kept empty ones just for photo-ops.
- He wanted people to see him as pious and a non-drinker, but he and his family drank alcohol a lot!
- He had disdain for the Secret Service and was very irresponsible with the “football” that contained the nuclear codes.
- He didn’t think it was a big deal and would keep military aides at a great distance.
- He often did not acknowledge the presence of Secret Service personnel assigned to serve him.
- She mostly did her own thing.
RONALD & NANCY REAGAN
- They are the real deal; moral, honest, respectful, and dignified.
- They treated Secret Service and everyone else with respect and honor and thanked everyone all the time.
- He took the time to know everyone on a personal level. One favorite story was early in his Presidency when he came out of his room with a pistol tucked on his hip. The agent in charge asked: “Why the pistol, Mr. President?” He replied, “In case you boys can’t get the job done, I can help.” It was common for him to carry a pistol. When he met with Gorbachev, he had a pistol in his briefcase.
- She was very nice but very protective of the President, and the Secret Service was often caught in the middle.
- She tried hard to control what he ate. He would say to the agent, “Come on, you gotta help me out.”
- The Reagan’s drank wine during State dinners and special occasions only, otherwise, they shunned alcohol.
- The Secret Service could count on one hand the times they had served wine during family dinner.
- For all the fake bluster of Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, the Reagan’s were actually the ones who lived life as genuinely moral people.
- The Secret Service loved him and Laura Bush. He was also the most physically in shape who had a very strict workout regimen.
- The Bushes made sure their entire administrative and household staff understood that they were to respect and be considerate of the Secret Service.
- She was one of the nicest First Ladies, if not the nicest. She never had any harsh words to say about anyone.
BILL & HILLARY CLINTON
- His Presidency was one giant party. Not trustworthy. He was nice mainly because he wanted everyone to like him, but to him, life is just one big game and party.
- Everyone knows about his sexuality.
- She is another phony. Her personality would change the instant cameras were near. She hated, with open disdain the military and Secret Service.
- She was another person who felt people were there to serve her.
- She was always trying to keep tabs on Bill Clinton.
- He was an egotistical ass who once overheard by his Secret Service detail lecturing his son that he needed to do better in school, or he would end up like these guys, pointing to the agents.
- They were extremely kind and considerate and always respectful.
- They took great care in making sure the agents’ comforts were taken care of. They even brought them meals. One time she brought warm clothes to agents standing outside at Kennebunkport. One was given a warm hat and, when he tried to say “no thanks” even though he was obviously freezing, the President said “Son, don’t argue with the First Lady. Put the hat on.”
- He was the most prompt of the Presidents.
- He ran the White House like a well-oiled machine.
- She ruled the house and spoke her mind.
- The Clinton’s all over again.
- They hate the military and look down on the Secret Service.
- He is egotistical and cunning. He looks you in the eye and appears to agree with you but turns around and does the opposite.
- He has temper tantrums.
- She is a complete bitch who basically hates anybody who is not black, hates the military, and looks at the Secret Service as servants.
Some men carry and handle their diplomacy better than others. When former the U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan, General McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren’t going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.