If you are having a really rough day, here is a stress management technique that is sure to help.
The funny thing is that it actually works.
- Picture yourself near a stream in the mountains.
- Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
- No one knows this secret place.
- You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called the world.
- The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
- The water is crystal clear.
- You can easily make out the face of the person you are holding under the water.
See. You’re smiling already.
As I think back about the many people I worked with before retirement, there are a couple of people I dreamed about using this technique on.