The answers are printed below, (after the questions) but don’t cheat! Answer them ALL first.
- After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, ‘Who was that masked man?’ Invariably, someone would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? _ ____ _____.
- When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The __ _______ Show.
- ‘Get your kicks, __ ______ ___.’
- ‘The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ____ ___ _____ .’
- ‘In the jungle, the mighty Jungle, __ ___ ___ ____.’
- After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ‘_____________.’
- Nestle’s makes the very best ____________.’
- Satchmo was America’s ‘Ambassador of Goodwill.’ Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was ________ _________.
- What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? ___ _____ _______.
- Red Skeleton’s hobo character was named _____ __ ___________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, ‘Good Night, and ‘________ ________ ‘
- Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______ ________.
- The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.
- In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, ‘the day the music died.’ This was a tribute to ________ ___________.
- We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.
- One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________.
- Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
- Hey Kids! What time is it? It’s _____ ______ _____!
- Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows!
- There was a song that came out in the 60’s that was “a grave yard smash”. Its name was the ______ ______!
- Alka Seltzer used a “boy with a tablet on his head” as its Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name? ________
A N S W E R S:
01. A silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04.To protect the innocent.
05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy the Freeloader and ‘Good Night and God Bless.’
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
15. Hoola Hoop
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
19. Monster Mash
How old are you and how many did you answer correctly?