I just watched the video below and now better understand why New York cops are so pissed at Mayor de Blasio and local lawmakers who are clearly setting them up and demonizing them.
Union President Pat Lynch is very articulate and definitely made his case. His fervor hits home big time. (Actually, he reminds me of “The Fonz” as he makes some of his many points.)
The NYPD faced challenges containing widespread rioting and looting, and Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Sunday that New York City would divert some funding away from its police force to other programs. At the height of the rioting, Governor Andrew Cuomo said, “The police in New York City were not effective at doing their job….Period.”
Most people probably have no idea who de Blasio actually is, where he came from and what he stands for, so I will provide a few bullet points below, taken from this Newsmax article:
- His early political career was Marxist, and not just in an academic sense. He raised money for the Sandinistas, visited Nicaragua to align himself with the tyrants, and worked to undermine the efforts of the Reagan administration. No wonder he was endorsed by George Soros in August.
- He was born Warren Wilhelm, Jr. in 1961. He graduated from New York University in 1983 where he was heavily involved in leftist causes.
- He changed his name to Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm and then changed his name again, settling on Bill de Blasio. The only reason we know this is because the media put the spotlight on him, forcing the issue.
- Most of de Blasio’s Democratic contenders accused him of lying during the primary. For example, he boasted that if elected he would vote against a ban on racial profiling, never mentioning, as rival Christine Quinn said, that it is already illegal.
- De Blasio’s character was impugned again when it was learned that he accepted over $50,000 from a group of slumlords. What made this so outrageous was de Blasio’s past denunciations of these same men while serving as public advocate.
- When The New York Times confronted de Blasio about his love for “democratic socialism,” expressed in 1990, he said, “That’s not a quote from me; that’s someone’s notes.” But in fact, those were his words. When the Times told him it has the proof, he brazenly said, “It doesn’t matter.”
- The lying is not confined to politics. De Blasio lied to his own children about where he and his wife honeymooned: he said they went to Canada, when in fact they went to Cuba. It is hardly surprising that a fan of the Sandinistas would want to break bread with Castro’s Cuba, but to lie to his children about his illegal trip speaks volumes about his character. By the way, his kids finally found out during the primary campaign that they were lied to.
- In November 2000, he took over as campaign manager for Hillary Clinton when she was running for the U.S. Senate seat in New York. The month before, the Brooklyn Museum of Art hosted a vile anti-Catholic exhibit that featured elephant dung smeared on a portrait of the Virgin Mary; pornographic pictures also adorned the “art.”
- In February 2011, a pro-life group, Life Always, displayed a huge billboard in the SoHo section of New York that showed a picture of a young black girl with the inscription, “The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb.” The organization that was responsible for the billboard was strongly supported by prominent African-Americans; they chose to display it during Black History Month. De Blasio went nuts. Mr. Public Advocate demanded censorship: he used his public office to pressure the group to take it down. “The billboard simply doesn’t belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers.” Thus did he officially promote muzzling the free speech rights of New Yorkers.
- There is one Catholic connection that de Blasio has, and it is not one that any practicing Catholic would want to be associated with. In the 1980s, he was employed by the Quixote Center, a fringe group of Catholics so radical that they were investigated by the Treasury Department for smuggling guns to their Sandinista friends. Indeed, the Quixote Center was also the subject of probes by the IRS and the U.S. Customs Service at this time. This is the same group of zealots who defended the cop-killing racist Mumia Abu-Jamal, the former Black Panther who became a hero to left-wing extremists.
- When the “Occupy Wall Street” protesters took over Zuccotti Park, trashing the area, raping women, ripping off the homeless, defecating in the street, and taunting the police, there was no bigger fan in New York City than Bill de Blasio, aka Warren Wilhelm, Jr., aka Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm.
Now that I have expressed my opinions about the far-leftist de Blasio, hear what New York’s finest have to say.